The long rumored Dissidia: Final Fantasy arcade game is finally coming to PS4 next year.
UPDATE: Square Enix has now officially revealed the game.
The E3 announcement was leaked early thanks to an Amazon listing. Here’s what we know:
- Final Fantasy, everything you could ever want – Over 20 playable Final Fantasy heroes and villains to play, over ten iconic battle arenas, legendary summons, tons of equippable weapons and moogles
- The return from Eos – Noctis makes his triumphant return to the PS4 as a combatant, fighting to save the world of Dissidia
- Legendary narrative – Dive into an all-new Final Fantasy story, written by writer Kazushige Nojima (Fantasy VII Remake, Final Fantasy XV, Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts, and Kingdom Hearts II)
- Your fantasy. Your fight – Each battle you wage, you will gain XP and gil to deepen the customization of your Final Fantasy champion – from EX skills to weapons to skins, level up
- Only the brave survive – The bravery combat system allows a much deeper and more methodical approach to the fighting game genre, separating luck from skill
The big plus here is that there will be a story mode. Dissidia story has been a bit messy in the past, most relegated to fan service, but it’s decent. Hopefully with the leap from PSP to PS4 we can expect a richer a narrative experience.